Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Oscars Dressed Up!

Posted by Meghan at 8:36 AM
I've got a snow day today, so I figured that making a red carpet dress post from the Oscars would be the perfect way to spend my day!

I was a little disappointed with the dresses this year--some of them were stunning, but most of them were just kind of.... meh.

But, without further ado, let's get on with the pretty dresses!

First up is Scarlett Johansson!

scarlett johansson, atelier versace.

Talk about killer. Damn. She looks so amazing! I love this color on her so much--emerald is such a great color on blondes, and I wish more blonde people would know that! Also, can we talk about that necklace? I love how it compliments the deep v-cut of the dress, and the texture it adds. Perfect pick, Scarlett!


Next up, we've got Anna Faris!

anna faris, zuhair murad.

So, I was curious as to why I liked this dress so much... And, then I googled a little bit, and the answer was clear: it's Zuhair Murad. I've been in love with his designs since spring/summer NYFW in 2013, so when I saw this one, I immediately fell in love. She looks so pretty in this sparkly gown! I'd think that with her light hair and fair skin that this would wash her out, but she looks great! Definitely one of my favorites.


And, we can't forget the ever-gorgeous Zoe Saldana!

zoe saldana, atelier versace.

I mean, wow. I always think she looks gorgeous, but this dress was incredible. I love the color and cut on her--she and Scarlett Johansson sure know how to pick their Versace! The criss-cross in the front is absolutely gorgeous, and seriously, she looks amazing. I like her simple hairstyle as well--the whole look is so simplistically gorgeous!

Next we've got Jamie Chung!

jamie chung, yanina couture.

This. Dress. I love the firework kind of look to it, and I love the colors! I think the metallic/navy/nude mix is amazing. I think her dress is definitely one of the most underrated ones of the night, and I wish more people would see how amazingly gorgeous it is! Seriously, can't explain how much I love this dress, guys.

And, finally, we have the amazing Anna Kendrick!

anna kendrick, custom thakoon.

Honestly, you all shouldn't be surprised that she's on this list--I think she's been on every single one of my red carpet posts! She just picks the best dress every time! This one, along with the others I've listed, is the perfect color. I love the criss-cross at the neckline--it's very feminine and makes for a pretty cutout!


And, there are, as usual, some honorable mentions: Emma Stone in Elie Saab, Jennifer Aniston in Versace, & Lupita Nyong'o in Calvin Klein!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos