Monday, June 1, 2015

May Favorites!

Posted by Meghan at 7:16 PM
Hey everyone! May has been a crazy busy month--I've been all over the place this month, both physically and mentally! So, without further ado, let's see what I've been obsessed with this month!


-x-x-x-

First of all, Avengers: Age of Ultron!

avengers: age of ultron, in theaters now.

If there is one thing you all should know about me, it's that I am a fangirl, through and through. Obviously, you guys have seen my obsession with Once Upon a Time, and that still holds true with the Avengers/Marvel universe. I saw Avengers in 2012 when it came out just for fun, and I fell in love completely--so, now I'm hooked!
Anyways, this movie was incredible! Not quite as good as the first one, but it was still really, really good. I loved the introduction of Pietro and Wanda Maximoff, or Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch! I was hesitant about them at first, but then I saw them and fell in love. There were great quippy lines, lots of action, and, of course, a heartbreaking twist. But, all in all, it was really quite good!
In fact, I've got an Avengers-related post in the works as we speak... It may or may not have to do with fashion ;)


-x-x-x-

Next up, we've got Nikes!


So, sad story--I've never had a pair of Nike tennis shoes before. I always just ran in Converse or some knock-off brand, and god, do I wish I'd just gotten a pair of Nikes in the first place! These are the cutest pairs I found, and holy moly, they're so lightweight! I think they might be amphibious-type shoes, since they take water pretty well (I accidentally tested this in the middle of a thunderstorm two weeks ago) and they don't have a tongue--I just kind of slip them on. But, I've been obsessed with them! I've worn them every day I can, and I can't get enough! And, honestly, $85 is not a lot of money for some great, well-made running shoes.


-x-x-x-

Of course, I've got to mention the Once Upon a Time finale!


emma swan in 4x21/4x22, operation mongoose.

HOLY WOW. I've never really liked season finales, since they mean my shows are over for the summer. But, oh my god, I've never been so excited for a finale in my life! I really loved the way the writers did this one--and, per OUAT tradition, it was two hours! Going back to the Enchanted Forest is always my favorite trope on this show, and this time did not fail! As you can see, Emma was in something not akin to her leather jacket!
All in all, it was so good, and definitely left off on a great cliffhanger that makes me want more!


-x-x-x-

And, finally, sunscreen.


Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30 - 8 oz

So, this one might be kind of weird. But, I just went to Charleston for Memorial Day weekend, and let me tell you--even if it's kind of chilly outside, please, please, please put sunscreen on. I got horribly burned on my chest and legs that weekend, and my god, it hurts still. My favorite sunscreen at the moment is Hawaiian Tropic. It's lightweight and yet a great sunscreen! I love that it helps you tan, too. Oh, and it smells amazing--I think coconut-y?
But, in all seriousness, please put on sunscreen if you're going to the beach or the pool, even if it's cloudy or cool. You can still get burned!


-x-x-x-

Well, thank you for joining me for my May favorites! I'll hopefully have some more things posted this summer, so stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos