Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer Lookbook

Posted by Meghan at 11:30 AM
I cannot believe it's nearly summertime again! This year has flown by so far, and for the most part, it's been a good year for me! I hope you can say the same!

Anyways, let's get started with another lookbook!


-x-x-x-

First up on the list of summer must-haves are a few graphic/patterned tanks.

Junior's Don't Be Basic Graphic Tank Ivory

Graphic tanks are making a huge comeback this summer (did they really ever leave?), and I know I've got a million in my closet already--anything from Iron Man to 'Clothes Before Bros'! They're so simple and easy, and with a pair of denim shorts, they're perfect for just lounging around and being lazy in the dog days of summer. The best part about them, though? You can get them in virtually any pattern and style out there! Since there are so many options, I've got a huge selection for you guys:

Target: here, here & here
Old Navy: here & here
Forever 21: here

-x-

Next, we've got a pair of denim shorts:


Obviously, denim shorts are always going to be in vogue during the summer time, but why not give your old denim shorts a run for their money with a pair like these from American Eagle? Yeah, $50 is a little pricey for a pair of shorts, but I promise, American Eagle makes great shorts. I bought two pairs on sale last year for about $50 (for both together), and they still look and feel brand new! I just think that a pair of short denim shorts that have a little pattern, or a different color (like these) makes them look so much better, and are totally worth the money. But, if you're on a tighter budget, the options here & here are just as good!

-x-

Also, along with denim shorts, a pair of lightweight shorts are a must!


Now, these come in a million patterns and fabrics, but I tend to opt for the silky-feeling ones. They're slightly comfier than denim shorts, and definitely have the ability to be dressed up or down. So, even if they are really short (like most of mine are!), they can still be classy and earn the all-clear from your parents, if they're a concern! Some more options: here, here & here!

-x-


Another great addition to the summer wardrobe is a kimono!



I have been absolutely obsessed with these lately, and I finally bought the one from Forever 21 up there! It's seriously so comfortable and can be used to protect your shoulders/arms from the sun, or to warm yourself up when nighttime rolls around! They can be dressed up or down, too, which is nice! There are some more options here, here, & here.

-x-


Another must is a swimsuit!


 

So, the obvious choice is a bikini, so that's what I've chosen to show here--but, no worries, loves! One-pieces are totally in, and designers are making some cute ones this season (like the ones here & here!). But, since I've always liked bikinis better, that'll be the focus of this. I usually grab one versatile bottom (like black, pictured above, or another plain color) and a bunch of tops that I can use with them. So, as a result, I have about five tops and two bottoms that I can kind of mix-and-match! Since swimsuits are such a major part of summer, I think I'll make a separate post going into the options.

-x-


And, finally, you need some cute sandals to finish off your summer look!

Women's Festival Beaded Ankle Strap Sandal

Again, this seems like an obvious one. But, hear me out--it's always good to revamp your old sandals! I've always avoided flip-flops when I can, but obviously, they're a requirement for the pool or the beach. Who says the flip-flops can't be something cuter, like sandals, when you go out? There are some great options here, here, & here as well!

-x-x-x-

I hope all of that was enough to get your summer wardrobe going!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos