Thursday, August 6, 2015

July Favorites!

Posted by Meghan at 3:22 PM
I cannot believe it's August! Where did my summer go?
Anyways, I come bearing a whole slew of new favorites from July! I've been sort of all over the place this month again, so this isn't a really great list of things, but here we go!


-x-x-x-

First up are trapeze/triangle dresses!


Okay, you're probably thinking this looks like a tank. Well, it's not! It's a dress, and oh, god, I'm in love. Not only are they spectacularly comfortable, they're relatively easy to come by! This obsession started when I saw this dress over at Free People. I love the style and colors it comes in (the plum one is to die for!), and I'm hoping to snatch up a few long-sleeved ones before autumn hits! There are a few more here + here!

-x-

And, next up we've got LUSH's Shark Week soap!



 I've never shopped at LUSH before, and there's a new store in the mall I work in. But, I saw this advertised during Shark Week in early July and couldn't pass it up! My roommate and I were in Charleston, SC at the time, so we ran down to that store and picked up the last one the store had! It smells amazing, by the way--lots of citrus-y smells (lime and lemon for certain), a bit of coconut, and the featured item: Arame seaweed. I promise, it smells like you're at the beach. I don't know how they did it, but my god, it's incredible! They're only selling it until August 16th, so if you'd like some, I'd act quickly! (If you're seeing this too late, LUSH's soap Sea Vegetable + bath bomb Big Blue both smell very similar!)

-x-

I've also been really digging 1940's-style music lately!


swing-dancing.

Actually, I'll be honest--I've been in love with everything to do with the 1940's lately! A big part of it is my curiosity as a History major, and my love for music. I really like this mix on 8tracks that takes recent pop-hits and makes them into vintage-sounding songs! I'd also really love to take a swing dancing class, but I'm waiting for the right partner to come along, I suppose. There are some great swing-dancing videos on YouTube, though--you should all give it a look!


-x-

Finally, I've been obsessed with Poshmark!


poshmark.

I've recently been in a need for some extra cash, and I thought it'd be a good idea to sell some of the things I don't wear a whole lot--or never, as it turns out! I have only about 20 items up thus far, but I plan to add more! If you'd like to see what I have in stock, click here! Most of it is Gap, Old Navy + J. Crew, and almost all are XS/S. Anyways, it's a great way to sell some clothing you aren't sure what to do with, or are looking to get rid of!

-x-x-x-

That was this month's favorites! See you next time! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos