Monday, October 5, 2015

Stand Tall For What You Believe In (Class Blogging #2)

Posted by Meghan at 10:28 AM
Here's the second blog post in my run of IMC blog posts!
This week, we were tasked to write about a time where we didn't buy something because of belief, worth, or cost. It was a hard topic to write about, but I think I like where I took it:


I will be the first to admit that I often buy on impulse. I have a lot of clothing I don't wear that much, and I've got more shoes than I can count! But, even as an impulse shopper, I do consider what I'm buying and what I'm actually getting out of the item. I'm a relatively short girl--about 5'3"--and there's always one thing I hear more than anything else: "You know, if you wear heels, you'll be taller!". It's a frustrating thing to hear, but for a while I considered getting one really nice pair of four-inch heels.
I shopped and shopped for a pair that I liked, but I couldn't find any that jumped out at me. None of the brands made me believe that this was the shoe I absolutely had to have. None of them made compelling enough stories that would spark any kind of interest. All heels look the same, too, by the way. There's little to no variation, so trying to find something that was different than everything else proved to be a whole new problem. I like to consider myself unique, and I want what I wear to convey that as much as possible (though, some days, you just have to go to class in Nike shorts and a UNCW tee).
There was this one brand that kept popping up that were pretty inexpensive. They were sort of comfortable and pretty basic, but not worth it. They looked just like every other heel I tried on, but they were about $50 cheaper. Sure, they would save me a lot of money, but they weren't as comfortable as some other shoes I had tried on. There wasn't a definte story behind them that I could believe, either. They were just cheap shoes, and to me, not worth the money I'd spent on them.
I ended up having to buy heels for a wedding, but the second time around, I knew more what I was looking for. I stuck with a brand that I knew I could get behind and feel confident wearing, even if the cost was a little higher. They were worth the money that I was spending, whereas the first pair just were not.
So, there's my answer! What's something you guys have bought on impulse? Or, maybe something you haven't bought?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos