Thursday, November 5, 2015

October Favorites!

Posted by Meghan at 6:52 AM
Wow--it's already November! Where did the time go? It's also almost been a year that I've had this blog, which is crazy in of itself.
Anyways, October has been a lovely month for me, and I've got a good list of things this month!

Let's get started!


-x-x-x-

First up is The Martian--the movie!


the martian, starring matt damon.

This movie is just incredible. I've read the book three times now, and I can't explain to you how much the movie follows the book. It's probably one of the better adaptions I've seen. Even for people who haven't read the book (I saw it twice with people who hadn't seen it), it's a great movie as a stand-alone. There were a few major changes, and though I wished they hadn't changed what they did, it made more sense from a director's perspective. I hear there's supposed to be an additional 20 minutes of footage on the DVD, though, which is awesome! Seriously, for a movie about a guy stranded on a desolate planet alone, it is so uplifting and gratifying to see the world come together to save him. Go see it!
(And, check out this post for a full review!)

-x-

Next, we've got my new iPhone 6!

iphone 6.

So, I brilliantly shattered my phone at the end of last month. Luckily, my parents were planning on switching phone services, so I begged and begged that they do it quicker than planned. So, here we are! It's amazing, honestly. I've got 64 GB of space now, which is a huge jump from my last phone that was only 16 GB! I still haven't filled it up! But, it is nice knowing that I won't really have to worry about storage for a while. I have a lot of music. I will say, it took a little getting used to as far as size goes. It's considerably larger (even though I don't have the plus), but I do like it. Watching videos is way more of an experience, and the camera is so much clearer. So, if you're teetering on the edge of getting it or not, I'd definitely go for it!

-x-

Next, we've got fall/Halloween decorations!

fall decorations.

I just love all things Halloween and Autumn, and this time of year is my favorite. Granted, as soon as November 1 hits, I'm in full-on Christmas mode, but I do keep my autumnal decor around the apartment until about Thanksgiving. I love leaves especially, since the colors this time of year are so incredible. We just actually came in 3rd place in a contest for my RA's residents! We had to decorate the outside of our apartments by the 25th for Halloween, and we apparently did a nice job! I'll definitely be keeping the decorations I can reuse, and hopefully we can decorate again next year!

-x-

Finally, we've got the World Series!


the kansas city royals #takethecrown.

I've been a baseball fan as long as I can remember. My team is the Milwaukee Brewers, but they haven't been spectacular in a while. So, every season, I pick five teams to follow (including the Brewers--they will take precedence over every other team, terrible or not) on the MLB app. This year, I picked the Brewers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox, Seattle Mariners, and none other than the Kansas City Royals. So, as the season waned into the post-season, the only team that made it out alive was KC. And, damn, did they make it out alive! I've become somewhat of a Royals fan over the past two years--between Escobar + Cain being traded to them from the Brewers, and their opponents in the past two World Series--the San Francisco Giants and the NY Mets. I really don't like either team, so I just kind of side with the Royals, and damn, are they a team worth the crown. They played hard, played spectacularly, and made me realize why I love baseball so much. Because, at the end of the day, I'm a baseball fan before anything else.


-x-x-x-

So, there are my October favorites! What were you all loving this month? Hope you have a great November!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos