Saturday, November 28, 2015

What You Get Is What You Got (Class Blogging #5)

Posted by Meghan at 11:17 AM
This is the last post in the Class Blogging series! This one was about creating a three-track soundtrack to my life as a brand. It was harder than I thought it'd be! Anyways, without further ado, here's my post:

I had to do some hard thinking on this one--I think in part because I usually try to relate to songs, even if they don't directly apply to me! I went through my Itunes list quite a few times before I finally found three songs that I though really represented my brand.

The first one is 'Into Yesterday', by Sugar Ray. I feel like this one represents my brand because it's got a laidback, relaxed vibe. Sugar Ray sings about how amazing everything is after it rains--which, to me, speaks to the idea that if you hold out until after a string of bad days, it'll get better. I relate to this, and I often try to be positive about my life and reflect that onto my friends and family.


My second song would be 'Waiting on the World to Change', by John Mayer. I've loved this song since I was a kid, and it has always resonated with me. Like I said above, I'm a very optimistic person, and this is definitely the case when I put my outlook on the world. I try not to be as cynical about things as most people these days are, and I genuinely want to help make the world a better place. But, like in the song, I feel like since I'm young, no one will listen to me while all I can do is sit back and watch the world I live in destroy itself. I genuinely want to make the world a better place, and I think this song expresses that pretty well!


And, my last song is 'I Lived', by OneRepublic. I love OneRepublic, and I love that their music is always so positive and generally upbeat. This song in particular is about living life the way you want to, and not allowing anyone to get in your way. I've always lived my life to the fullest, doing everything I can to experience what I want to. I think this represents my brand because I am always happy and I genuinely want to live life as much as I can. I think that comes across with the way I speak and how often I smile.


The soundtrack for my brand overall would definitely be about positivity and staying true to yourself and what you believe in. I think the songs I chose reflect that pretty well!


So, there's my response! What three songs would represent your 'brand'?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos