Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Holiday Parties? No Problem!

Posted by Meghan at 11:00 AM
Sometimes picking an outfit for a party can be incredibly stress-inducing! And, though it's nearing the end of the holiday season, there are still many a holiday parties to be attended!
Here are some outfits to get the gears in your head turning!

My first outfit is a simple one--it's an easy silhouette and looks great on most women!

(from top left, clockwise: plaid-printed matelassé

So, this look is pretty simple and mostly inexpensive--it comes out to about $140 for all of it. It's a bit less casual than the rest of the looks I have picked out, so if casual is what you're looking for, this is it! I really adore that plaid top, and I wish I had somewhere to wear it. I think going with a pretty monochromatic look is always good, then adding in a pop of color somewhere--be it a necklace (which I didn't add, because I thought it'd be too much with the top), a clutch/purse, or, like I chose, a coat. This one from Gap is one of my favorites, and I really wish I could justify buying another red coat!

-x-

Here's look number two:


I think this is one of my favorite looks! I chose not to put a coat with this one (though, I think it'd be easy--a black, wool one would work nicely), so it comes to about $170 without a coat. I was going to put a red sweater on top, but I feel like around the holidays, so many people go immediately for red, and not for the beautiful, rich greens. This Tippi sweater is one of my favorites, and it's definitely going to be a color in my wardrobe this coming year. Emerald was technically the color of this year, but I think it can easily work its way into 2015. It's such a timeless color! Anyways, I chose a huge statement necklace for this one, and a cute wristlet to match it--I thought that would spice the outfit up again--though, I adore the tulle skirt!

-x-

Here's a more expensive, high-end sort of look: 



This look is by far more expensive than the other two, coming in at a whopping $715. But, hey, you would be the talk of the party in this look. It's a very classic silhouette, and I tried keeping to a mostly white & black palette to keep that classic look--only adding a bit of red in the necklace. This look was a bit harder to pull together, but I'm quite fond of the end result! And, can we talk about that fur hat? I would wear that all the time if I had one!

-x-

I hope this helped you figure out what kind of party look you're going for--I'm working on a New Year's Eve party post as we speak, so hopefully that will be posted soon.

Happy Holidays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos