Saturday, December 27, 2014

New Year's Eve Parties, Anyone?

Posted by Meghan at 9:00 AM
New Year's Eve parties are some of the most coveted and looked-forward to parties each year, and if you're looking to get that magical kiss at midnight, you need to be dressed your best!
Here are three looks (ranging from inexpensive to very expensive) to spice up your regular sparkly dress!

The first look is an inexpensive one, with lots of sparkle:



This look is definitely for someone who isn't afraid to look just a little edgy and ooze a hell of a lot of confidence. This look is only $106--that's pretty good for a full party outfit! I added the pop of light pink in there to tone down the edginess, but put it in a slick watch and leather jacket to give it that extra little punch. If you live in a big city like NYC or LA, this look is sure to get heads turning!

-x-

The second look is a bit more formal, but still not at the top, yet:



This look is definitely more of a dressy casual kind of outfit, with the short shorts and sleeveless top. But, coming in at $225, it's not too bad--especially because all of these pieces can be worn after the party as well. I have some short, black shorts like these, and quite frankly, they're my best friend! I think the pop of red spruces up an otherwise sort of droll look, with just the black. And, I chose to play up on the gold tones, as well--in the necklace, the bottom of the shoes, and in the stripes of the purse.

-x-

And, finally, we have our last, most expensive look:


So, this look is definitely for a higher-end party, coming in at $613. If you're going to a swanky party uptown with CEOs and business men, this is a better-suited look. It's got the classic, deep red (that I'm sure you've realized, I love), and the classic fur look. I tried finding a nice stole or capelet, but it was harder to find one than I thought it'd be. And, for the gloves, you could go with the lovely camel colored option J. Crew had, instead of the black. I think it'd look just as chic, and it'd match the fur better.

-x-

I hope you all found this interesting in some way, or useful! I love holiday looks, but I can't wait to get into summer and look at some festival wear!

Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos