Monday, January 12, 2015

Golden Globes Galore!

Posted by Meghan at 7:58 AM
I've always been intrigued by red carpet fashions.
The dresses, tuxes, and everything in between have always captivated me in a way that's hard to put into words.
So, it's no surprise that I was excited for the Golden Globes! There were some stunning fashions on the red carpet, and here, I'll list a few of my favorites!

First up on this list is Anna Kendrick!

anna kendrick in monique lhullier.

This Monique Lhullier gown is certainly a stunner, and perfect for Kendrick's recent role of Cinderella in Into the Woods! I love the beautiful, rose-like apliques on the dress, and the beautiful cut! She looks great in this dress, and as always, picked a seriously stunning gown.

Next up is the one and only Quvenzhané Wallis!

quvenzhané wallis in giorgio armani.

Is she not the cutest thing in the world? I absolutely love this dress--it's beautiful. It doesn't age her, though. I thought it was a perfect pick, given its modest cut and design. Seriously one of my absolute favorites of the night. For once, someone under 20 chose something suited for their age! I think it's probably one of my all-time favorite red carpet dresses (and, that's a pretty big compliment--I don't have a lot of those!).

Next, we've got Amy Adams!

amy adams in atelier versace.

I tried so desperately to find a full side photo of this dress, but couldn't find one. I love, love, love the drapey shoulder--it's so effortlessly gorgeous! I love the color of it, too--it compliments her hair in such a stunning way. I thought she looked absolutely striking in this dress, and as always, I'm looking forward to see what she wears to her next awards show!

Next up, we've got Emily Blunt, stunning in Michael Kors!

emily blunt in michael kors.

Absolutely stunning. This dress was so made for her, and as much as I usually don't like white on the red carpet, this dress was absolutely an exception. It fits her perfectly--I mean, absolutely perfectly. And, like most other stars last night, she went mostly jewelry-less, which makes the dress stand out all the more! I love the criss-cross of the bodice, and I think it shows enough skin to be a little sexy,but it's not raunchy (like some of the dresses I saw last night).

One more lady! Lupita Nyong'o stunned last night, too!

lupita nyong'o in giambattista valli.

How could I go through an awards show and pick the best dressed without mentioning style goddess Lupita? Seriously, I didn't know she could top her beautiful dress from the Oscars last year, but this one did it--effortlessly! I love the flowery effects of the bustier, and I love that she went necklace-less. The ombre effect of the dress is gorgeous--she looks so beautiful in purple! She did it again and stole the show--this time without even being nominated! I'm impressed.


And, finally, since I feel bad for the guys, I've got to put Eddie Redmayne up here!

eddie redmayne in gucci.

God, he looked good. I love the velvet blazer--and, though he's not the first to pull it off, he sure looked damn good in it. I love that most of the men opted for bowties this year instead of ties! I think bowties are so much classier, and just downright attractive as hell. Looking good, Eddie!


Honorable Mentions: Julianne Moore in Givenchy, Gwyenth Paltrow in Michael Kors & Jamie Dornan in (I couldn't find who he was wearing--but, I will!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos