Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Spring Lookbook!

Posted by Meghan at 4:43 PM
Although Spring is still a while away (we just got into winter a few weeks ago--it'll really be a while), I thought it'd be fun to look at a few pieces from some of my favorite stores that would make nice transition pieces!
So, without further ado, here are some of my favorites!

First off is a classic chambray shirt from Gap!


I know I have at least five of these in my closet--they are so incredibly versatile! This one pictured here is one of the new arrivals at Gap--and I love the pockets and yoke on it! They have a cool, Western vibe that's pretty unique! Chambray shirts are great for any kind of weather--if it's hot, wear a tank or tee under it and leave it unbuttoned, and if it's cold, wear a cute, patterned sweater on top (perhaps this one or this one?)! The options are endless, and it's a piece that every girl should have in her closet!
Or, if you don't want something so plain, a plaid shirt like this one from H&M is a good alternative!
(other options: here, here & here)

-x-

Another essential winter-to-spring piece is a pair of patterned pants, like these from H&M!




I can't emphasize enough how important patterned pants are to a wardrobe--especially in spring! Since it's not quite warm enough to get away with a dress or shorts yet, pants like these are essential. You could pair it with a simple, denim shirt (like the one above from Gap!), or even with a cute, graphic tee (like this, thisthis, or this one!). This are another piece that will get you through a pretty good amount of seasons comfortably (and looking your best)!
(other options: here & here)

-x-

A dress? In winter? Of course! This (super inexpensive!) one from Forever 21 has had me dreaming all week!


This dress comes in a multitude of colors (always a great perk!), and though I personally like the black on (paired with a cute, colorful cardigan, like this), the white one and red one are both great transition colors! Another option for this, if you aren't crazy about a dress, is this cute skirt from H&M! It's simple, and just like the dress, it can be paired over some comfy leggings or thick tights (here or here) if it's a bit nippy outside!
(other options: here, here & here)

-x-

This one might be a bit of a surprise--a coat. This one from Madewell will do!


Now, you're probably looking at me like I'm crazy, but hear me out. Like I've said multiple times, spring time can still be cold! So, a lightweight jacket like this cute baseball-style varsity jacket is a great addition! It's just light enough to toss over a button-down or tee and still be comfortable, but warm enough that you won't need your heavy parka! I like the grey, wool one because it's simple enough that you don't really need to worry about it matching your outfit you've already picked out.
(other options: here, here & here)

-x-

And, finally, we need some shoes to finish it off! These flats from Forever 21 are simple & adorable!



I think these are adorable! And, they come in other colors, aside from this lovely camel color! Ballet flats will always be in vogue, in my opinion. I think they're versatile and chic, and can be used to dress up or down an outfit (I might need to make a post on flats some time soon!). These are nice and simple, and might keep an outfit from looking too forced or too crazy.
(other options: here, here & here)


-x-

To finish it all off, here are some additional pieces I've fallen in love with lately!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos