Monday, May 16, 2016

IKEA Haul!

Posted by Meghan at 9:30 AM
Oh, man. I've been introduced to a whole new world, you guys.

I've only been to IKEA once before this trip, and it was so long ago that I really didn't remember the first time. I was supposed to go yesterday, but my mom wasn't feeling well and it is quite a haul up there.

Still, I bought more than I should have.

Whoops.

Without further ado, here are all the products I bought!

-x-x-x-

First, I needed some kitchen items. That's actually what most of the things in this haul are!

I love little freeze pops, or popsicles. But, the ones they sell at Target or the grocery store are either really fake-tasting or expensive.

So, I saw these little ice pop molds and needed them!

CHOSIGT Ice pop maker IKEA Fill with fruit juice and make your own ice pops. For the mold to easily loosen, rinse with lukewarm water.

Two dollars for six adorable ice pop trays? Yes, please! I bought the blue/green option, because most of my kitchen things are shades of blue, so it matches better. Seriously, though, they're adorable, and perfect for summer! I have yet to try them out, so I'd love to find some recipes for ice pops soon!

-x-

Next item on my list is an apple slicer!

SPRITTA Apple slicer IKEA Can also be used for slicing onions into wedges, etc.

This was one of those things that I thought I'd like to have and would speed up the process a whole lot. And, it does! I actually just used it yesterday to slice an apple, and though you definitely need to put some muscle into it, it does get the job done! And, it was only $3. Can't beat that, can you?

-x-

Next, I bought some ice trays!

PLASTIS Ice cube tray IKEA
plastis (ice cube tray), $1.

So, they actually don't have my version online, but essentially, it's a blue tray with about five or six long ice cubes that are meant to be put into a water bottle! I thought this was brilliant, since I carry my Camelbak with me everywhere, but always struggle with getting regular ice cubes from getting stuck at the bottom or the top. So, hopefully these will work out a little better! I do plan on going back and getting the fish ones as well, though. They're just too cute to pass up.

-x-

I also picked up a chopping board!

PROPPMÄTT Chopping board IKEA Can be placed over the bowl on BOHOLMEN, BREDSKÄR or FYNDIG sink to get an extra work surface for preparing food.

I don't do a whole lot of cooking, but I definitely make smoothies, and cutting up fruit on my counter is just not working. I figured I needed an actual cutting board. Thoough, I think when I go back next, I'll get another flimsier one for fruits and use this nice one for meats, since you can't use the same for both. Something science-y, I'm sure. Anyways, I just thought it was nice and would look nice in any kind of kitchen that I may have in the future!

-x-

Going along with the kitchen theme, I bought some Swedish snacks from IKEA, which surprised me!

KEX Biscuits IKEA Wholemeal biscuits for kids. Just the right size for their little hands!Daim Chocolate Bags - 200g Individual wrapped Daim Chocolates
kex biscuits, $3; daim chocolates, $4.

I was pretty certain I'd like the Kex biscuits--they're very similar in taste to graham crackers. But, I took a chance on the Daim chocolates, and let me tell you: my life has been changed for the better. They are so, so delicious, and kind of similar to Heath bars, except 50 times better. I'm itching to go back so I can get more of both of these snacks!

-x-x-

And, for two things that were unrelated to the kitchen items, I bought a frame and some batteries.

FISKBO Frame IKEA Can be used hanging or standing, both horizontally and vertically, to fit in the space available.

I really just needed a cheap frame for my certificate for an honor society I was recently inducted into, and this one works wonderfully! And, best of all, it was really inexpensive! I like that it's got the stand if I wanted to place it on a desk or table, but it also has little nail hooks in the back if I wanted to hang it.

And, I won't show the batteries, since those are, well, just batteries. They were cheap, though--I think I got 10 for like $2, so I bought two packs.

-x-x-x-

So, overall, I'd say my first real trip to IKEA was a success! I think I spent only $25, which is crazy considering the things I bought. I'm definitely excited to go back to get some more things for my final year of college!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos