Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Best Albums of 2015

Posted by Meghan at 6:29 PM
So, I did this last year--I went through and listed off all the albums I loved in the past year, and this year, there are so many more!

I think I did a top five last year, but this year, I'm just going to list all the ones I loved, since there were so many! Anyways, enough chatter--let's go!


-x-x-x-

First up is Ordinary Life by Wild Wild Horses!


demon days, released december 4.

As you can tell, this album only came out recently! I actually heard it from the amazing short film that one of my favorite actresses, Jennifer Morrison, did! It's a short EP with only four songs, but damn do the songs tell a great story. I just love it a lot, and I know I'll be listening to it a lot in the coming months!


-x-

Next up is the second EP from Troye Sivan, WILD!


WILD, released september 3.

Troye did it again! I loved his EP last year as well, as I'm sure you can remember. This one was even better the first, and I am so excited to hear more of his music (I still need to download 'Blue Neighborhood', his actual album)! My favorite song is probably FOOLS, and that one really resonated with me. I just love the sound of this one, so it's definitely worth a listen!

-x-

My next favorite is a little album called 25, by none other than the amazing Adele.

25, released november 20.

This one was probably a given, but my god, is this a good album! Adele's voice is so peaceful and so incredibly gorgeous, it's hard to ignore! I really love 'Hello,' obviously, but 'Million Years Ago' is beautiful as well. Just all around a great album, and I am so happy to hear some new music from her again!


-x-

The next album up is Pentatonix, by, well, Pentatonix!



pentatonix, released october 16.

This album is the first one with mostly original songs on it, and I can't help but love every single song! My favorites are probably 'Water' and 'Rose Gold,' but there are so many amazingly arranged songs on this album! 'Light in the Hallway' and 'Take Me Home' are beautiful as well, and certainly are up there in my favorites. Seriously, Pentatonix kicked it up a notch with some wonderfully catchy songs--certainly give them a listen!


-x-

And, next we have Made in the A.M. by One Direction!


made in the a.m., released november 13.

Okay, but, real talk? 1D may be better off without Zayn (which is so hard because he was my favorite member!). This album is quite frankly their best yet, and I loved more songs on it than I wanted to! I'm partial to 'I Want to Write You a Song' and 'History,' along with their singles off the album ('Perfect,' 'Infinity,' 'Drag Me Down,' + 'Home'). Seriously, way to step it up, boys.
(I should note that I am very excited for Zayn to release a solo album. Very excited.)


-x-

And, last, but certainly not least, we have Halsey's Badlands album!


badlands, released august 28.

This. Album. I hadn't heard of Halsey until this year, but this album totally blew me away. Seriously, great stuff. I love the obvious choices like 'Control' and 'Gasoline,' but 'Colors' + 'Colors Pt. II' are amazing as well. It's a really dark and eerie album, but what a great album it is. Go take a listen if you've got the time!


-x-x-x-

Well, that rounds it out for my favorite albums this year! I hope you all either share my loves, or found new music through this post! We'll see who comes back to this list next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blonde and something Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos